||VFM (unaccessioned) General
||Grey Chevrolet truck, model 4 - no serial number, engine number TR3966 - has the tractor in catalogue record VFM0.800.0078 sitting on the deck. It is sign written above the windscreen with "J. Fawcett & Sons 1928" and was used by them for carting timber.
John Fawcett was a builder and timber merchant of St. Andrew's Road, Blenheim in 1917 and another John Fawcett was a carpenter of Riverlands [source New Zealand Post Office Directory 1917], possibly father and son. According to a note with a photograph of the Cob Cottage school [see catalogue record 2006.146.0003] J. Fawcett opened a timber joinery factory at Riverlands which was in operation for 60 years.
This truck was originally owned by J. Fawcett, then by Jack Satherley (see images 10, 11, 12) who donated it in 1965 to Norman Brayshaw for the Vintage Farm Machinery Society. It has been restored by Bernard Mason and M. Aitchison of the Vintage Farm Machinery Society.
||Brayshaw, Norman Henry
Fawcett, John Senior
Fawcett, John Junior
Satherley, Norman (Jack)