Curiosities From Renwick Museum
Bottle

Previous Next Curiosities Exhibit Page Home Search
Record 19/765
Copyright Renwick Museum and Watson Memorial Library
Image
Enlarge Image
Collection RML (unaccessioned) General
Date 1840
Description Leather covered glass flask originally used as a whisky flask but may have later been used to give milk to sick lambs.
The two molded and stitched pieces of leather cover the glass. A cork has fallen into the bottle.
This bottle came from Scotland in 1840 with James Laidlaw when he was 18, and was donated in 1973 by his son, Mr R. Laidlaw.
DSCF 6108
Object ID RML0.800.0033
Object Name Bottle
When using this image please quote "Image courtesy of Renwick Museum and Watson Memorial Library"

When ordering images from the Museum, please quote the Object ID for each image required.     info@marlboroughmuseum.org.nz
Last modified on: December 19, 2014