Relics of the Past
Telescope

Previous Next Relics of the Past Exhibit Page Home Search
Record 2/23
Copyright Picton Museum and Historical Society
Image
Enlarge Image
Image
Enlarge Image
Image
Enlarge Image
Collection PMHS (unaccessioned) General
Date pre 1841
Description John Cawte's brass telescope which he brought from England in 1841. Made by James Gargory, optician, 4 Bull Street, Birmingham, England between 1833 and 1841. Donated by Diana R. Cawte in 2003.
Object ID PMHS.800.0115
Object Name Telescope
Other # PMHS1.8199
People Cawte, John
Cawte, Diana R.
When using this image please quote "Images courtesy of Picton Museum and Historical Society".

When ordering images from the Museum, please quote the Object ID for each image required.     info@marlboroughmuseum.org.nz
Last modified on: December 19, 2014