Marlborough Rugby

Previous End of Exhibit Marlborough Rugby Exhibit Page Home Search
Record 24/24
Copyright Marlborough Museum - Marlborough Historical Society Inc
Enlarge Image
Collection FSA (unaccessioned) General
Date 1910
Description A wooden shield with eight smaller metal shields nailed around the edge. It is decorated with rugby posts with flags, ball, player and a fern leaf, all in metal (bronze?).
It was made by the carpenters who built the Weld Cone homestead in 1910 and was the trophy for rugby matches between the East side and West side of the main road.
It was found in a shed at Litchfields and donated to the museum by Jim West.
Year Range from 1910
Object ID FSA0.800.0108
Object Name Plaque
People West, Jim
When using this image please quote "Image courtesy of Marlborough Museum - Marlborough Historical Society Inc"

When ordering images from the Museum, please quote the Object ID for each image required.
Last modified on: January 16, 2015