||Gamble [Atkinson/Aroa/Airey Collection]
||Selection of photographs of children from Minnie Aroa & Eleanor Paton's (nee Aroa) collection
1. 4 Black and white and sepia photographs of un-named women.
2. 2 photographs of landscapes.
3. 3 black and white photographs - 2 are of ladies with trophy and 1 is of lady playing lawn bowls.
4. Black and white photograph of woman with two trophies on stool outside house. Woman is holding a croquet stick.
5. Black and white photograph of students and teachers outside Barnicoat House, Nelson College.
6. 3 Black and white studio photographs of young men. Noted on back of one photograph: " I may have it wrong but believe this was a boyfriend of Eleanor Paton (Churches incompatible - he a Catholic)".
7. 3 Photographs of unknown couples.
8. Black and white faded photograph of woman with two men. Woman is seated front, wearing bonnet
9. Black and white photograph of couple with two girls, girls are seated in the centre. Noted on back "Taken at Beryl's 21st birthday (Dorrie's girl). Pat and I and Patricia (12 years), Rayleen (10 1/2 years).
|Year Range from
|Year range to
||Aroa, Eleanor (later Paton)
Paton, Eleanor (nee Aroa)
||Aroa photographs - Unnamed Photographs