Post Offices of Marlborough
Tua Marina's first Post Office.

Previous Next Post Offices of Marlborough Exhibit Page Home Search
Record 28/89
Copyright Marlborough Museum - Marlborough Historical Society Inc
Image
Enlarge Image
Collection MHS (unaccessioned) Photograph
Description Tua Marina's first Post Office.
The two rooms in the foreground were the home of Mr and Mrs George Mason where the Post Office opened on March 12th 1877. It stood in the corner of Mr L. Wilkens paddock and was burnt down February 12th 1937
..................................................................................................................................................................
A copy of this photograph was used in exhibit 37 - Post Offices of Marlborough - October to November 2012, with this label:
The first Tua Marina Post Office.
The two rooms in the foreground were the home of Mr. and Mrs. George Mason where the Post Office opened on March 12th 1877. It stood in the corner of Mr. L. Wilken's paddock and was burnt down February 12th 1937.
Object ID 0000.900.1241
Object Name Photograph
People Mason, George
Wilkins, Len F.
Title Tua Marina's first Post Office.
When using this image please quote "Image courtesy of Marlborough Museum - Marlborough Historical Society Inc"

When ordering images from the Museum, please quote the Object ID for each image required.     info@marlboroughmuseum.org.nz
Last modified on: December 19, 2014