Post Offices of Marlborough
Okaramio Post Office about 1925

Previous Next Post Offices of Marlborough Exhibit Page Home Search
Record 16/89
Copyright Marlborough Museum - Marlborough Historical Society Inc
Image
Enlarge Image
Collection MHS (unaccessioned) Photograph
Description Okaramio Post Office about 1925. Open 1885 Closed 1952.
Masie and Gwen Kennington with the Postmistress Miss Miriam Cameron. Miss Cameron was the first Postmistress in this building.
Copied 1962 from Okaramio Canvas by M.L.Wilson.
..................................................................................................................................................................
A copy of this photograph was used in exhibit 37 - Post Offices of Marlborough - October to November 2012, with this label:
Okaramio Post Office, 1924. Postmistress, Miss Miriam Cameron, with Maisie and Gwen Kennington.
Year Range from 1923
Year range to 1927
Object ID 0000.900.1228
Object Name Photograph
People Cameron, Miriam
Kennington, Gwen (later Thomson)
Kennington, Maisie (later Jackson)
Jackson, Maisie (nee Kennington)
Thomson, Gwen (nee Kennington)
Title Okaramio Post Office about 1925
When using this image please quote "Image courtesy of Marlborough Museum - Marlborough Historical Society Inc"

When ordering images from the Museum, please quote the Object ID for each image required.     info@marlboroughmuseum.org.nz
Last modified on: December 19, 2014