Previous Next
Record 55/83
Description 
A black and white mounted photograph showing Mrs. D.L. Lambert's General store at Seddon. Written on the front in an unknown hand is, "Seddon's First Store. Mr. & Mrs. Lambert". Written on the back in three unknown hands is, "Mrs. D. Boyce, 84 Scott Street, Blenheim, Lamberts Store. Stamped with Norm Brayshaw's photograph number and with A.M. Hale Collection. A scan of this photograph will be used in the Changing European History Gallery 2 display in commemoration of the Marlborough Provincial 150th anniversary on 1 November 2009. ................................................................................................................................................................................Caption 58 Seddon's first store, Mr and Mrs David Lambert stand outside their general store in 1903. It stood opposite the railway station on Mills Street, (now State Highway 1). The Lamberts opened their shop in 1899, the year Starborough was subdivided. Besides general merchandise, Mrs Lambert sold fancy goods, and two ladies came in to do dressmaking. David Lambert ran a smithy at the back, as well as a livery stable. 2009.067.0047
Lambert's Store, Seddon -Photographs of Marlborough 1859-1909 -Copyright Marlborough Museum - Marlborough Historical Society Inc
Image
2009.067.0047

When using this image please quote "Image courtesy of Marlborough Museum - Marlborough Historical Society Inc"

When ordering images from the Museum, please quote the Object ID for each image required.     info@marlboroughmuseum.org.nz
Last modified on: December 19, 2014