Previous Next
Record 4/83
Description 
A black and white photograph of a group of six men, one boy and a number of dogs standing in front of a gate. Some of the men are holding guns. Information as typed by Norm Brayshaw: "At Lansdowne Station, Wairau Valley. Bill or Jim Marks; Did Thomas; Claude Hoult (child); William Hoult-m.Onion; Napier Fisk; George Slow; Bill or Jim Marks." Brayshaw has names for eight people when there are only seven in the photograph, however, William Hoult-m.Onion may mean William Hoult married a Miss or Mrs. Onion. Copied by Norm Brayshaw in 1962 from a photograph held by Mrs. Rush of Canvastown. Includes a negative. A scan of this photograph is to be used in the Changing European History Gallery 2 display in commemoration of the Marlborough Provincial 150th anniversary on 1 November 2009. .............................................................................................................................................................................. Caption 5 A Lansdowne Station group pose for the camera. Even the dogs are forced to look their best, being squashed between legs. But, one or two of them look impatient, and have turned away. From left: Bill, or Jim Marks; Did Thomas; Claude Hoult (the child with the large collar); William Hoult; Napier Fisk; George Slow, and Bill or Jim Marks. Located immediately down-valley from Hillersden Station, Lansdowne was initially occupied by C.F. Watts in 1849. 2009.067.0004
At Lansdowne Station -Photographs of Marlborough 1859-1909 -Copyright Marlborough Museum - Marlborough Historical Society Inc
Image
2009.067.0004

When using this image please quote "Image courtesy of Marlborough Museum - Marlborough Historical Society Inc"

When ordering images from the Museum, please quote the Object ID for each image required.     info@marlboroughmuseum.org.nz
Last modified on: December 19, 2014