Previous Next
Record 9/29
Description 
A black and white photograph showing Burnt Whare hut near the Acheron River on Molesworth Station. Joe Maxted is on the right and Ernie Stevens on the left. There are four pack horses and three riding horses, one is for the unknown photographer. A scan of this photograph will be used in the Changing European History Gallery 3 display in commemoration of the Marlborough Provincial 150th anniversary on 1 November 2009. ................................................................................................................................................................................Caption December 2009: Burnt Whare hut, beside the Acheron River, on Molesworth Station. The river is a tributary of the Clarence River. Photographed around the 1920s, the man to the left was Ernie Stevens, with Joe Maxted on his right. About to depart from the hut with four laden packhorses in tow, and their dogs left back at the homestead, they were dropping off supplies nearby for a coming muster.
Burnt Whare Hut on the Acheron River -Marlborough Photographs from 1920 -Copyright Marlborough Museum - Marlborough Historical Society Inc
Image
2009.067.0080

When using this image please quote "Image courtesy of Marlborough Museum - Marlborough Historical Society Inc"

When ordering images from the Museum, please quote the Object ID for each image required.     info@marlboroughmuseum.org.nz
Last modified on: January 19, 2015