Previous Next
Record 10/164

Next
Image 1 of 3

Description 
10 of 164 (8 x 10.7cm) glass plate negatives. Digital images of this negative have been made, put on a compact disk (see 2007.068.0004) and displayed here. The envelope this negative is in has written on it in Winnie Couper's hand: "Pelorus 1916, our new house, taken from hill, John and Winnie Couper". John Alexander Couper [1847-1925] had this house built in 1916 on the site of the old Couper Accommodation House on his farm, The Chestnuts, at Pelorus and he lived in it with his daughter, Winnie [Winifred Louina 1877-1965]. The house, just before the turn off to Totara Flat on the way to Pelorus Bridge, is still lived in in 2007.
Winnie Couper's Home 1916 -Gardiner Collection of Glass Negatives -Copyright Marlborough Museum - Marlborough Historical Society Inc
Image
Our New House

When using this image please quote "Image courtesy of Marlborough Museum - Marlborough Historical Society Inc"

When ordering images from the Museum, please quote the Object ID for each image required.     info@marlboroughmuseum.org.nz
Last modified on: December 19, 2014