Marlborough Express Photographs From August 1957
Marlborough's Growing Public Hospital Sign Of Summer "Russian Satellite" Bringing Power From The Far South

Previous Next Marlborough Express Exhibit Page Home Search
Record 109/223
Copyright The Marlborough Express Newspaper Co. Ltd
Image
Enlarge Image
Image
Enlarge Image
Collection Marlborough Express Negatives
Description Image from Negative number 170, published in The Marlborough Express Saturday, October 19, 1957, page 6.

Marlborough's Growing Public Hospital. An aerial view taken this week by The Express of the Wairau Hospital in its attractive and extensive grounds. In front are the engineer's and medical superintendent's residences and medical staff flats. On the left is the old fever ward, now the porter's quarters. Behind Amersfoote Old People's Home (part of which was the original hospital) is the nearly-completed Nurses Chapel. Next, with its ramps, is the wing built during the war to take cases from the big camps in the district. Behind the main hospital block are the laundry, boiler house, and beyond that the workshops and watertower. The Nurses Home is at the top of the picture.
Year Range from 1957
Object ID MEX0.900.0102
Object Name Negative, Photographic
Place Marlborough
Studio The Marlborough Express Newspaper Co. Ltd
Title Marlborough's Growing Public Hospital
Sign Of Summer
"Russian Satellite"
Bringing Power From The Far South
When using this image please quote "Images courtesy of The Marlborough Express Newspaper Co. Ltd".

When ordering images from the Museum, please quote the Object ID for each image required.    info@marlboroughmuseum.org.nz
Last modified on: April 12, 2013