Start of Exhibit Next
Record 1/23

Next
Image 1 of 2

Description 
Metal fence strainer post used on the boundry between Flaxbourne and Blind River Stations. Would have been in use from about 1870 to about 1880. These posts were imported from England about the time wire fences became fashionable. Donated by Mike McLennan of Main Road, Grassmere.
Post, Fence -Red Shed -Copyright Flaxbourne Settlers Association
Image
Metal post (strainer)

When using this image please quote "Image courtesy of Flaxbourne Settlers Association"

When ordering images from the Museum, please quote the Object ID for each image required.     info@marlboroughmuseum.org.nz
Last modified on: January 16, 2015